St. Louis Park, Minnesota.
Not absolutely the abode area you’d apprehend to acquisition fresh, accurate Mexican food. But if you appetite to get as abutting as Minnesotan-ly accessible to fresh, accurate Mexican food, you charge to go to St. Louis Esplanade and acquisition this place.
It’s alleged Rojo Mexican Grill, and it’s a gem. And this bowl is abnormally especial. It’s alleged Tortilla Chicken, and while I was aggressive by Rojo’s entree, they would not accord me the compound (only hints) so I fabricated a adaptation all on my own:
Panko-and-tortilla-chip-crusted chicken, sitting aloft a few spoonfuls of salsa verde, topped with white cheese, buttery cilantro sauce, and pico de gallo.
I feel so developed up, acting like a absolute chef and all.
(Can I still be a absolute chef if my kitchen is from the 80’s? I do accept that one stainless animate bake from the 2000’s. But added than that…)Print
This tortilla craven with salsa verde is craven coated with blah tortilla chips and topped with salsa verde. Acclimatized from my admired Mexican restaurant!
- 2 skinless, boneless craven breasts
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup panko aliment crumbs
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo (chopped beginning tomatoes and onions)
- 1–2 slices or 4 tbs. white cheese (ideally Mexican cheese, but provolone formed accomplished for me!)
- cilantro sauce: cilantro, oil, avocado, salsa verde
- Sprinkle the craven with alkali and pepper. Covering the craven with the egg white. Amalgamate the panko and the ashamed chips. Dip/press the craven into the panko admixture until able-bodied coated. Fry the craven in 1-2 tbs. oil over medium-high heat, about 2-3 account on anniversary side.
- When the alfresco is nice and aureate brown, alteration to the oven and broil for 15-25 account at 400 degrees (depending on the admeasurement and temperature of your craven breasts).
- Add the cheese; acknowledgment to the oven for a few account until melted.
- Spoon salsa verde on the plate; abode craven on the salsa verde, and baptize cilantro booze and pico de gallo over the top! Que bueno!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 584
Keywords: tortilla chicken, mexican chicken, craven recipe, salsa verde
Added bonus: this was our honorary aboriginal patio meal of 2011. The backdrop of burghal Minnesota accumulated with the absolutely accurate (ahem) Mexican food… can’t exhausted it!