So you adulation basil?
and attic milk?
Um, surprise! I do! I absolutely adulation lentils!
I additionally adulation lentils’ Filipino cousin, Monggo beans. Let me say that again: I like to eat article alleged Monggos. Monggggos. Monggity Mongga Monggo Beans. Is it hot in here?
At the accident of consistently talking about how hot it is, can I acquaint you what’s hot in a frizzy-hair-change-your-sweaty-clothes-wipe-your-shiny-face affectionate of hot?
Making a compound video in a Filipino kitchen with no AC.
But we fabricated one anyways.
Cause I affectionate of like actuality hot. Not.
What I absolutely adulation is advantageous aliment that gives my aftertaste buds blessed thoughts, and these attic lentils fit the bill.Print
These Thai basil attic lentils accept the best amazing flavor! Peanuts, basil, squash, lentils, and a beginning Thai condiment adhesive alleged tom kha.
- 1 cup broiled blooming or amber lentils, or monggo beans
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 arch blooming cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 ample kabocha annihilate (about 3–4 cups cubed)
- 1 can attic milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tom kha paste
- cayenne pepper, chili crumb and salt
- fresh basil and chopped atom for topping
- Cook the lentils in a pot of baking baptize for about 45 account or until soft. Cesspool the baptize and set aside.
- While lentils are cooking, saute the garlic in the olive oil over average aerial heat. Add the cabbage, division with salt, and activity fry until the banknote begins to soften. Abolish from calefaction and set aside.
- Add a little added oil to the pan and add the squash. Division with chili powder, cayenne, and alkali – or any seasonings you like. Add the attic milk and simmer the annihilate for 8-10 account or until bendable but not mushy. Add the tom kha adhesive and activity until alloyed in with the attic milk.
- Add the adapted banknote and lentils to the annihilate and acclaim activity to combine. Top anniversary basin with beginning basil and chopped peanuts.
Tom Kha adhesive is a Thai condiment that has a lemongrass, garlic, hot pepper, and ginger-y flavor. The flavors are absolutely phenomenal. I bought it at the big grocery abundance actuality in Cebu and begin it with the back-scratch adhesive and added spices and pastes. If your grocery abundance doesn’t backpack it, analysis at an Asian market.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: thai basil lentils, attic lentils, tom kha paste
By the way, do you bethink those Creamy Thai Candied Potatoes and Lentils? Analogously delicious.
Happy vegetabling, friends!