One Additive Socca! Amazing, crispy, aureate brown, cool flatbread that requires aloof ONE ingredient. Aloof mix, pour, bake, and done.
Hello and acceptable and I’m blessed to address that, yes! you CAN accomplish the best amazing, crispy, aureate brown, flaky, bready, able dipping / blasting / rolling / topping flatbread alleged socca with aloof one ingredient.
Thank you for asking.
Socca is cast new to me as of a few months ago back some accompany fabricated it for us. It is affectionate of like a thinner, added brittle naan, or a thicker, added brittle tortilla. It’s French, I believe? It’s what I’m dipping in my chili in that aboriginal photo. Because I’m abiding the French would adulation that?
- golden and crispy
- nice and thin
- still bready abundant to not feel like a cracker
- embarrassingly easy
- gluten free
- my new obsession
I apperceive the sticklers are out there, and yes, technically, it’s four ingredients. But there’s a actual acceptable adventitious that water, olive oil, and alkali are already in your pantry, right?
So our atypical additive focus is on this guy: CHICKPEA FLOUR.
I accept been heavily afflicted by my acquaintance Melissa and her Minimalist Kitchen movement, and affairs a altered / new-to-me additive aloof for one compound (like chickpea abrade for socca) is not how I roll.
But I accomplish exceptions to that new-ingredient rule. Such as:
- Chinese five-spice for egg cycle bowls
- Harina blanca (pre-cooked cornmeal) for arepas
- Good affection canned apricot for salmon burgers
- Espresso crumb for brownies and peanut adulate pies
And now, chickpea abrade for socca.
Here we go. You ready?
How To Accomplish Socca:
Whisk your (basically one) capacity together.
Now, cascade into a pan with hot oil.
Bake, and done.
You guys, I could account about every Compression of Yum compound actuality as article that socca would go altogether with. Soups, salads, wraps, bowls… the accomplished fridge, appealing much?
So far, I’ve acclimated socca as my scooper for this ancho turkey chili, a nice little side-carb-action for these roasted veg bowls with blooming tahini, a salad-crisper for this avocado kale caesar, and an accomplished dipper for this ridiculous amazon soup.
Or there’s consistently the eat-it-straight-out-of-the-hot-pan option. Aureate amber cool shards all over your shirt, that mix of brittle and bready in anniversary bite, and melt-in-your-mouth agreeable flavor… adamantine yes.
One additive socca, actuality you come.
Check Out Our Video For How To Accomplish One-Ingredient Socca:Print
One Additive Socca! Amazing, crispy, aureate brown, cool flatbread that requires aloof ONE ingredient. Aloof mix, pour, bake, and done!
- 1 cup chickpea flour (affiliate link)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (and added for the pan)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk all capacity until smooth.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons added olive oil into a ample casting adamant skillet. Pop the bucket in the oven for bristles account to calefaction the oil. (See addendum on bucket sizing.)
- Pour the concoction into the hot, bashed pan and agitate to advance analogously beyond the pan. Depending on pan size, you ability appetite to do this in two batches (see notes). Broil for 15-18 minutes, until aureate and brittle about the edges. Annnnd you’re done! Acceptable luck not bistro the accomplished hot, brittle affair in one sitting!
Pan size: The admeasurement of your casting adamant abundantly impacts the end artefact and how blubbery / attenuate / brittle it will be. I acclimated a 10-inch casting adamant bucket and I absolutely breach the concoction in bisected and fabricated two abstracted soccas in adjustment to get them added attenuate and crispy. In theory, you could cascade all of the concoction in and baker it all in one shot. But claimed preference: those crispy, attenuate edges are EVERYTHING. So I adopt to breach it into two batches back alive with my 10-inch casting adamant skillet.
Pan type: I accept alone acclimated my casting adamant for this. I anticipate it could assignment with addition oven-safe bucket but I accept not approved it. Let us apperceive in the comments if you try it!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: socca, socca bread, chickpea abrade bread
Link aloft is an associate link!
One Added Thing!
This compound is allotment of our accumulating of easy baking recipes. Analysis it out!