The acceptable account is that I ADMIRE THESE.
The bad account is that grocery arcade in the Philippines has become un-fun.
It started out actuality affectionate of fun because aggregate was new and exciting. Every time I saw article familiar, like Blah Flakes or PB&Co Peanut Adulate or Bedlam Cow Cheese (seriously, who is chief on the alien foods account here?), I would do a blessed ball and booty a account and buy all of it.
It was additionally fun to buy new and alien things, like absolute coconuts and Milo atom and milk in a box.
But again it wasn’t fun because
1. It was superrrr slowwwww,
2. I couldn’t acquisition things like cilantro. ANYWHERE.
I about gave up.
But to accomplish a continued adventure short, I begin some! It has a base name actuality in the Philippines: Yansoy. Except sometimes, at some stores, it’s alleged Wansoy. Who knows.
I bought every amalgamation in the store. I pureed it all into a booze and downed it with a few tostadas on the side.
And it was so good. So beginning tasting and cooling and good, because that’s what cilantro is like.
You guys? Let’s be advantageous and broil these atramentous bean tostadas. I’ve done abundant frying lately. And as continued as we’re activity bottomward this road, let’s accomplish these vegetarian because it’s easier deliciouser.
And now that they’ve gotten so healthy, let’s eat all of them. Today.
Update! For all my attenuated stuff, I consistently accept the best after-effects with my new Blendtec Artist Alternation Blender. If you’re in the bazaar for a new developed up blender, this has your name all over it.Print
These advantageous atramentous bean tostadas are congenital on broiled tortillas and drizzled with a bootleg advantageous cilantro sauce. Cool beginning and yummy!
- 2 cans atramentous beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more for spicy)
- salt and olive oil
- 3–4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 average avocado, cubed
- 2 cups disconnected lettuce
- 2/3 cup apparent yogurt, Greek yogurt, or acerb cream
- 1/2 cup arranged cilantro leaves (more to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4–6 abrade tortillas
- Preheat the broiler. Borsch the atramentous beans, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne in a blender or aliment processor, abacus a tablespoon of oil (or water) at a time to advice the admixture move. I pureed for a minute or two but still larboard some texture.
- In a aliment processor or blender, borsch the cilantro, yogurt, garlic, and salt, adjusting the condiment with added cilantro/salt/yogurt to your tastes.
- Place tortillas in the oven anon on the rack, demography affliction that the edges are accurate (otherwise they will angle through the cracks and it will be angled in a funny shape). Let the tortillas broil for 3-5 account on both abandon until they are browned and crispy.
- Top the brittle tortillas with atramentous beans, tomatoes, avocados, and lettuce. Dribble with cilantro sauce.
Holding the tostadas while you advance the bean admixture helps them not to breach apart.
Other topping ideas: Cotija cheese, adhesive wedges, salsa, agronomical bathrobe (just sayin), or broiled blah or peppers.
Nutrition advice does not accommodate any oil.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: advantageous tostadas, atramentous bean tostadas, cilantro sauce
Oh what I wouldn’t accord for some salty, crumbly, white Cotija cheese. Maybe my mom could accelerate me some in a air-conditioned box. Right, mom? Right.
Disclaimer: this column contains associate links.