Lightly tomato-sauced orzo broiled in a bucket with red peppers, kale, craven – or chickpeas – and a topping of feta, auto juice, and beginning dill.
This compound is sponsored by DeLallo
Lightly tomato-sauced-up orzo broiled in a bucket with red peppers, kale, craven – or chickpeas – and a topping of feta, auto juice, and beginning dill is article that I am never aghast to eat on a arctic weeknight in November.
In fact, it is affectionate of the absolute affair for that still-needs-something-cozy-but-already-overdid-it-on-the-old-favorites time of year, which seems to be about now. The soups accept been made, the curries accept been devoured, the tacos accept been on repeat, and now it’s aloof a acceptable time to acquaint article fresh, zippy, and different.
Honorable acknowledgment to the bloom agency here, because this compound is abounding of kale, red peppers, tomatoes, and chickpeas if you wish. All these flavor-rich, comfortable veggies accommodate a acceptable adverse to some of the more, what’s a acceptable chat here, comforting? heavy? buttery? recipes that assume to get put on echo every weekend.
Healthy? Cozy? This one can analysis both boxes for us.
The affair about orzo is that it’s one of those types of pasta that can affectionate of get absent in obscurity, but whenever I accomplish it I acquisition myself thinking: I CHARGE TO ACCOMPLISH THAT MORE.
I use (and accept used, for a continued time!) DeLallo pastas, and orzo is no exception. DeLallo additionally makes amazon paste, fire-roasted tomatoes, and canned chickpeas, all of which were put to use for this Greek Broiled Orzo masterpiece.
The accomplished action of authoritative this compound is so simple and the flavor… the flavor! It candidly had me snacking on the aftermost orzo $.25 beeline out of the pan. Like, the little semi-browned $.25 that were ashore to the edges afterwards baking? I apperceive you apperceive what I’m talking about.
This compound about requires that you accomplish it your own – add some chicken meatballs, rotisserie chicken, chickpeas, added vegetables, kalamata olives. You are accessible to booty this and run.
Also: accepting a aberrant appetite for no-knead bread with this, which doesn’t absolutely accomplish faculty but additionally with olive oil for dipping and some added orzo for scooping… absolutely does accomplish sense.
Check Out Our Video For How To Accomplish Greek Broiled Orzo:Print
Greek Broiled Orzo! Agilely tomato-sauced orzo broiled in a bucket with red peppers, kale, craven – or chickpeas – and a topping of feta, auto juice, and beginning dill.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half of an onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red alarm pepper, diced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- a tiny compression of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 14-ounce can diced blaze broiled tomatoes
- 1–2 cups cooked chicken or chickpeas
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1–2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- feta and dill for topping (optional)
- lemon squeezies for confined (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a ample oven-safe skillet, calefaction the oil over average heat. Add the onion. Saute for 5 account or until soft.
- Add the garlic, red pepper, kale, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Saute for 5 account or until the kale is wilted.
- Add the amazon paste. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the orzo, canned tomatoes, craven or chickpeas, and broth. Accompany to a simmer.
- Bake for 10-15 account until the orzo is soft.
- Finish by active in butter, crumbling feta over the top, and blanket with some beginning dill, auto juice, and afresh arena atramentous pepper. YEAH BABY.
If you appetite the feta to get soft, aloof crumble and again put it aback in the oven for 5 account or so afore serving.
I commonly use an enameled casting adamant pan for this, and I acquisition that the orzo brand to stick to the basal of the pan. But it should absolution accomplished with some affable burden from a spatula or board beanery and again you’ll be acceptable to go!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Greek-Inspired
Keywords: Greek recipe, orzo recipe, broiled pasta recipe, vegetarian pasta
Thank you to DeLallo for allotment this recipe!
One Added Thing!
This compound is allotment of our accumulating of yummy kale recipes. Analysis it out!