This is the alpha of a ten anniversary alternation of that is superspecial to me. It’s ten Filipino recipes from the abode area I formed for the aftermost year of my life. This is the aliment that the kids ate at their altogether parties; it’s what I ate for banquet with them aback I was a bantay (house babysitter); it’s what I will consistently anticipate of aback I anticipate of Filipino food. I’ll allotment one mostly-picture-post anniversary anniversary with a compound included, transcribed beeline from the aunties who accept been affable for these kids for 10, 20, alike 30 years. I appetite to booty you aback there with me.
And this aboriginal column is the story, in pictures, of Filipino Pancit.
Source Notes: Pancit Canton, Pancit Bihon, an Bam-i are all varieties of a stir-fried brainstorm bowl that accomplish for some very blessed birthdays at CSC. Salamat kaayo, abounding thanks, to candied Auntie Febe (pictured below) for teaching me how to accomplish this. I fabricated my own recipe for pancit a while aback but this one is my admired recipe. Pancit will always be one of my admired Filipino foods.Print
This Filipino Pancit compound comes from the abode that I formed at for a year in Cebu. It’s my best admired Filipino recipe!
- 2 lbs. basic noodles – this adaptation acclimated a aggregate of pancit and vermicelli
- 4 cups broken alloyed veggies: cabbage, carrots, alarm peppers, and blooming onions
- 1 lb. angular pork, cut into actual baby pieces
- ½ cup oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pork borsch cube
- 6 cups water
- Soak the vermicelli in baptize for about 5 account or until soft.
- Brown the pork in the oil with the soy sauce, garlic, and onion.
- Add the baptize and borsch cube to the pork and accompany to a low simmer. Add the vegetables and baker for 5-10 minutes. Add the basic pancit noodles and blood-soaked vermicelli. Simmer over low calefaction until the noodles absorb up all the broth.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: filipino recipe, filipino pancit, pancit, filipino noodles
For the abounding adventure on this accepted brainstorm abundance food, analysis out my added blog post on the Children’s Apartment of Cebu website! Do it, do it, do it.